Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two Poems by Tri Tran


Bigotry of a Poem


Many years of hibernation,
Now, my quill longs to tango
On the blank pages
For the first Ses tinas
To shine in cyan joy.

Words peak out of their shells
To taste the chill of a winter morn,
Yearning to shimmer on papers.
And, I, a poet, gaze at the auburn crepuscule.
One gentle push, and a fetus is born.


Terrorism Within My Tiny Universe

My left femur explodes, promptly.
Crimson debris shoots into the bitter air
To mingle with the photons and atoms
Before vanishing into the freezing night.

There, I lie on the pavement;
Whispers of my corpuscles, audible,
And the wails of my veins, fading.
I yearn to sip the succulent dews;

I crave for the honey of the magenta moon
And long to see the orange sunrise.
My hummingbird with its weak chant,
And my soul with a long to escape this world.

I mumble the name of Love,
Knowing only her gentle kiss can rescue me.
I mumble the name of Venus,
Waiting for her to enter my tiny universe to heal my wound.

As the seconds whiz by--
Twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen...
What will happen next?

{Two Poems by Tri Tran}

No comments: