Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Three Poems by Mary Ann Eiler


Slush


Twilight - carpets of crystals.
Sunrise - the spit of slush.
You shoveled my heart
Afraid of falling in love.
Impervious to insult,
Snow re-births itself.
The heart tastes death but once.


The Meaning of Ashes

You ravished me unwittingly
then blithely left.
Consumed with rage and bliss,
Wild, irreverent, I lost myself
A refugee from your myth.
A moth deceived by light,
Gleaning the meaning of ashes
In the junkyard of my life.


August Turbulence

In nights of lost content,
I pitched my tent
Against the storm
Of your fierce beauty
And stalked the moon
To bless my solitary quest.
But you could not rest
Until your rabid eye
Saw my hungry thighs
Ride lightening.

{Poetry by Mary Ann Eiler}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled this blog what a great discovery..thank you