Monday, March 30, 2009

Three Poems by Michelle Lacko


Flowers and Dust


gray dust dropping on red flowers
and hearts hang on thin thread
in the middle of blackest night
silently waiting for next minute to come
mother sits by a small crib
where breathing child slept yesterday
he is not there anymore
since the morning forever
he is flying around the Universe


Virginia Tech

and then the morning came
when rage approved by law
shattered peace into sand
and lives, which did not escape
entered the war

oh, damage in the brain
could not be erased
on that silent morning
it was so hard to love
so easy to hate


Lost Chapter

I loved you so much last night
you were near and I felt your touch
and I was happy
and the night was true in me
with your hand in my hand
I never wanted different man

if only loving lasted forever, my love
I could be brave again
in your eyes I would find my soul
heal my broken heart
and face the world with smile

but when morning came
we both slipped from bed
longing for someone else
not us

{Poetry by Michelle Lacko}

No comments: