Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Piece by Kevin Boyle


Deficiency

When I enter the wild
I see a world of possibility
I think
Of all that mankind
Is missing
Huddled
Away in their mansion
Or their skyscraper
Pecking away at
their keyboard––
While I sit in this field
And listen to the birds
peck at their sustenance.
The robin begins a song––
nay, a cry,
To mankind to come forth
and bare witness to
the
untamed
Wilderness
The animal within needs to be un-caged
and released for lately it has become weak
and processed by the very
Machine it helps propagate.
I watch a leaf descend from a tree and
Succinctly witness the fall of man
––how sad for he reigned well.
In the distance,
I hear the shriek of a hawk
Can you hear him?
Do you know what he says?
Mankind must return
We must all
return

{Poem by Kevin Boyle}

No comments: