Monday, March 30, 2009

Two Poems by Kristie Whittaker


You

Look into your eyes
I drown in blue
Your whisper so sweet
Like the morning dew.
Try to walk away
But then fall down
Your voice so soft
I cant hear a sound.
Streams of light
Flow through my veins
As your heart pours gently
Like the kiss of rain.
Your golden hair
And graceful smile
Soar through the skies
Outstretched for miles.
In a well I fell in deep
Memories and laughs
In the lock I will keep.
Don’t let this daylight
Fade to gray
And tell me oh tell me
You’re here to stay.


Presence

How great is your presence surrounding me
Like a gentle breeze blowing from the sea.
Your beauty shines like ten thousand suns
Drowning oh so many in your infinite love.
Oh your name your glorious name
No one can ever compare
Not even worldly fame.
Something sweet to say from one bitter tongue
And crisp clean air that fills each lung.
I stood at the bridge approaching my fall
But you came and rescued me
You heard my call.
The one who created the earth
And allowed me to hear
Is the light of my path
And the hope to my fear.

{Poetry by Kristie Whittaker}

No comments: