Monday, February 15, 2010

Bobby Geans


The Wings of A Swan

She is spotlight glamour, in her youth.
Her body is a swivel.
Her arms are the wings of a swan.
She is gracefully swirling and swaying.
Her long black hair is flying away.
Is she tiptoeing on hot coals of fire?
I have never seen such class.


God's Coloring Book

Somewhere in the hills of Virginia,
Just off some old two lane.

We could hear the distant rumbling,
Of an old freight train.

We kissed beneath a dogwood tree,
Where only the creatures of nature might see.

A mild wind blows,
While a yellow butterfly
Is kissing a red rose.

Just beyond a sunny slope,

Were the sound of murmuring brooks...
Virginia is one of God's coloring books.


If I Were A Kitten

If I were your kitten,
A cute little ball of fur.
I would sleep upon your pillow
And purr and purr.

On wintry nights,
You would receive a treat.

I would sleep at the foot of the bed,
And warm your little feet.

I would purr and purr,
To the rhythm of your heart beat.
And purr and purr until you fell asleep.

{Poetry by Bobby Geans}

No comments: