Thursday, February 11, 2010

Malyssa Christman


The Cruelty of the Mind

Vultures fly around my head,
Ready to pick
At my every thought,
Bit
By
Bit.
Incessant things that tear away my sanity
I beg them to stop,
I'm on my knees
Let me be!
Please,
Please.
Thoughts keep rushing,
Your face flashes across my mind
Like a slideshow
A million miles an hour
Laughing, crying, singing, smiling
Where have you gone?
Vultures tear,
At my chest
Picking out my heart
Bit
By
Bit.


Keep Me Here

Strands of black lay softly on the pillow
Melting into blonde
Whispers brush past my ear
Singing me to sleep
Hands like ivy entwine together
Lost in the dark
Lost in your arms
The storm stops at the door
Nothing can harm us now
Miles from those who know our names
We don't bother looking back
Far from my house
I'm right at home
Keep me here
This is heaven.

{Poetry by Malyssa Christman}

No comments: