Thursday, December 24, 2009

One Piece by Olivia Suriani


Lovers To Friends

Show me your emotions,
show me love, anger, or devotion.
But please baby, show me no apathy.
Your love shows me you care and will always be there.
Your anger shows that we were true lovers and are
never more, whilst your passion for me remains.
But say not apathy, give not such a lukewarm ending to such
a passionate and loving yet sordid love affair.
Yes, come at me with rage in your eyes and fire in your heart,
the way you would if I was so deep in you,
the way you are so deep inside me.
As if everything I do touches your very soul.
But don't, don't let me see indifference in your eyes and dull
recollection of things already dead and past in your heart.
For this is the only true tragic love story.
If love turns to hate it remains passionate,
but this emotion I see in you is no emotion at all.
And this is the thing I can not bare.
Let me hate you or let me love you,
For I need some place to pour out all these feelings I have for you.
Say lovers or say that we are enemies but please
never say the words just friends!

dedicated to Modesto

{Poem by Olivia Suriani}

No comments: