Thursday, December 24, 2009

One Piece by Jasmine Rawani


Unwelcomed

I know she doesn't care about me.
If she did, she'd be holding me instead of that bottle of vodka.
I'd kill to get her to hug me, or even a pat on the back.
Instead, she shows her affection through bruises and scars
On my face and body, I know it's just the alcohol talking,
But I don't know how to stop it.
My tears of pain are tears of joy to her; she thinks I'm enjoying this.
She doesn't understand that without me, she's screwed.
I work fifty-six hours a week hoping and praying
That we can spend it like a normal family.
Hoping that she spends the money on food for us.
Praying that she, for once, uses the money on something
Other than her addiction, but it never happens.
No one can separate her from her baby.
She says it's the only one who understands her,
And I'm starting to believe it.
She's a crazy lunatic who doesn't give a damn about me.
Sweet dreams, Mother. Pretty soon your life
Will be as dark as the empty hole in your chest.

{Poem by Jasmine Rawani}

No comments: