Monday, June 30, 2008

Who I Am


Xiomara

Say it and it comes out dry
As if you're dying and in need of water.
Xiomara, the moon
A grey name, a small sharp rock that hurts your foot.
Like aluminum foil, never stays smooth.
It always crumbles.
You don't understand it
Because you have no idea what it means.
You read it wrong.
Zomara, Giomara, Xomera
Not one is perfect.
Someone who will save the world one day.
Gun, bombs, blood, knives, death
All famous in battle
A warrior.

{Poem by Xiomara Nunez}


I Am...

I am seed under the soil.
I am still nurturing
Like a large tree with branches.
I am pastel pink, soft, smooth, and sweet.
I used to be afraid, but
Now I speak in class.
I used to hold it in but
Now I ask what took so long.
I used to retaliate but
Now I am always the bigger person.
I am a great learner but
One day I will be an inspiring philosopher.

{Poem by Le'quanna Littlejohn}


I'm Me

I am as hard as a shell you can't get into unless I let you
I am a loving person who can be optimistic, but don't act up cause I will go ballistic
I am a camouflaged rattlesnake waiting in the bushes to strike
I used to be single, now I'm in love
I used to be a knucklehead but now I'm a promised head
I make things disappear when they're not going right
I am human now but one day I will really be THE HyBRID
I will break the limitations of the world
Cause baby I'm Me

{Poem by Terell Jones}

No comments: