Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Poetry by Kate Ann Kennedy


For Virginia

The weight of the world sits on my chest

On this day, the pain of the world
Manifested itself in the bodies of the young
Inside a stone building
Within a small town
Within the Free World

Sadness sits as a stain inside my mouth
(Inside a room, I feel the blood
I feel the horror
The fright inside those rooms exists,
Even still)

Inside everyone's chest
The weight
Unfathomable
The agony
The weight. The weight inside.
The weight inside the wait.
The waste of it all


Shifting Shapes


You are looking for something
That is mine, no more
Not at this moment
This desired entity has shifted its shape
Flown away during sleep
When I awoke, it was no more
Nor was I

I am merely an extension of myself
This may sound strange to you
I have not even come to terms with it myself
(I hate writing about myself
And the disappearances of
My cells)

My weaknesses are plenty and too many
I am bored with hollowness
And a magnitude
Of useless passion













No Words

I need to fill these pages to feel normal
I cannot.
I feel constricted and conflicted.
Alone in my quest for creativity,
In my battle to find and trap
Beautiful words


Torches

You are seated inside
Upon mounds of memory
And a trail of torture
I feel you here, my man
Your wind fills all of my crevices

And how can we be happy,
Knowing the anguish of our Ancestors? Of the
Torment, which taunts and
Touches the torches of the present? Of our
Future?

{Poetry by Kate Ann Kennedy}

No comments: