Monday, June 30, 2008

Sound of Your Name


Lovely Lover

I loved you in the warmest time--
when fossils were new;
And dear one, better run and see
How all warm things are you.

I loved you in the hardest time--
When all life was doomed;
I love you--better run and see
How the life buds have bloomed.

I love you, lovely lover
With all your ups and downs
And stops and goes;
I love you, lovely lover--
And how the feelings show!

Dawn's come my way--
Oh, how my soul craved the day--
I'll stay adrift in the haze
And kiss the sound of your name.

{Poem by Michael Kozej}


Widow, Pantoum

My bed is full of silence in the night
except for the fugitive sound of dreams.
His memory ushers in the old delight.
My body floats along a quiet stream,

except for the fugitive sound of dreams
the empty banks, the rushing water sweet.
My body floats along a wayward stream
to places in the past, where we still meet.

The empty banks, the rushing water sweet,
the mighty opening of abandoned doors,
to places in the past, where we still meet.
My memory plunges down descending floors.

Bed pillows substitute for flesh and life
his memory ushers in the old delight,
reminds me I was once a much loved wife.
My bed is full of silence in the night.

{Poem by June S. Gould}

No comments: