Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Celestial K.


Lotus Pose 

My body crossed in Lotus Pose,
my heart feeling limber and light,
palms resting up in a waiting charade,
ready for sweet changes to come to me;
like the savory scent of coffee gives each
waking person in the darkness of the mornings
without daylight shining yet.

If I stay still in Lotus pose --
neglect the blazing television news
that likes to cut into my soul like
all those heart-wrenching murders they like to
show, ignore the pain of all people
because there’s nothing I can do about it –
I might just feel hope for the world. 


The Power Within 

Disappointment can be overcome—
A shining star warming the numb,
Intriguing the soul,
Stimulating the mind’s rapid words
Of hope and desperate peace
Within the self’s abyss,
Without into the universe:
All spaces of God;
For into the future,
Where nonexistent time is silent,
Nothing can keep still
The million signs of change
As we alter and stir the silvery
Lining of the horizon and see
A new beginning for us again.

{Celestial K., Celestialk1@gmail.com}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these! So easy to relate to, and great imagery :)