Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two Poems by Kaitlin Brey


My Life

Her love is the universe.
Never ending
Going on forever in all directions
Over spans of time and space.
Her love is a safety net.
Protecting me
Catching me when I fall
And never letting me go.
Her love is an adrenaline rush.
Anxiety and longing
Pushing and pulling on my heart
As it beats faster than ever.
Her love is like the end of a sappy movie.
All tears of joy and love struck teens.
Her love is my number one priority.
Her love is my life.


Significance

We sit in silence
In the darkness surrounding.
So still, so quiet
Only the sound of breath
Can be heard in the air.
We look at each other
And there is no need for words
As our lips curve towards the sky
And our gazes smile at each other.
With astonishing beauty
Your lips slowly open
And three meaningful words
Escape, and pound into my heart.
“I love you too” is what I say,
In return.
And your grin grows bigger
As our fingers intertwine
And sleep washes over us
Til morning.

{Poetry by Kaitlin Brey}

No comments: