Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two Pieces by Amy Hrynchuk


Ocean Of Love

I started my life out swimming in the ocean of love.

In my early years I was lead through the waters
and taught about the different depths of the ocean.
As I grew older I began to swim on my own
and even lead others through the waters as I had been.
I swam as deep as I could for as I could.

After swimming for many years, I began to tire
and made my way to the edge of the ocean.
As I sat along the beach for a year, the questions
brought by the dry land behind me grabbed a hold.
As I began to wonder, I turned my back on the ocean.
On the love I knew and could always count on.

As the years slowly moved forwards,
I moved backwards and further onto the dry land.
The further that I walked, the more lost and confused
I would become with little help from others around me.
Not only had I become lost on the dry land
but I had lost myself in the venture..

Several years had passed me by and I had lost
all directions back to the ocean of love.
I had began to dehydrate on the dry land
and longed to swim in the depths of the ocean again.
I was slowly lead back to the ocean and helped
back into it’s loving and familiar waters.

I am once again home, swimming in the ocean of love.


The Beauty Within

Sitting on the edge of the shore,
the cool lake water laps over her feet.
As the water slowly creeps over her feet,
she pays no attention to the coolness.
Her attention does not go out
to the boaters or skiers on the lake..
Instead it goes out in the other direction.

Through the loud roar of the motors,
the quiet chirping of birds
overwhelm her thoughts.
As she watches the two birds
frolicking in the tree tops above her,
she begins to think about the world around.

Of all the commotion we cause
and with all the destruction that has followed,
the world has changed for the worse.
We have learned to adapt to everything
that we have done to the once
beautiful land that we took over.

Through all the commotion and destruction,
somehow the world’s beauty has remained.
The only way to actually view this beauty,
you have to distance yourself.
Distance yourself from the
manmade destruction that is
taking the beauty away from this world.

{Poetry by Amy Hrynchuk}

No comments: