Saturday, April 30, 2011

Johnny Sale


If I Should Go

What eyes may gaze, may lust and love; amaze
My soul if mine must learn to look away?
What heart may grow, may learn to thrive, to stay
If mine should die amidst a cold malaise?
But banished I reach beneath a gaze
For unremembered love that flew away.
Confined in barren homes and bleak array
I yearn for touch; what white incessant haze.

When moon should cease to glow on distant beds
And darkness hugs pink lady slipper’s hand,
Should Luna dim her light and opt to dream:
Reminiscence rings a golden band
Withal to lose and love is all instead
Of empty eyes, a hollow heart to scream.


Till She Gave Her Love to Me

I once loved her like nothing else
Till she gave all her love to me.
I wish that I could love myself,
I once loved her like nothing else.
I made her cry; heart on a shelf
She tried so hard to make me see,
I once loved her like nothing else
Till she gave all her love to me.

{Poetry by Johnny Sale}

No comments: