Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jonathan C. Holeman


An Angel

If there was an Angel
that fell to earth today,
and if I sat with her in wonder
why she now refused to pray.
I'd listen to her teardrops
in the warming sun's bright ray,
and I'd ask from her one promise
that she'd never go away,
and if she took that vow
there'd be nothing left to say,
because I'd be in heaven,
and with her my heart would always lay.


A Clearing

A cloud of trees,
puffy leaves,
sunlights beams break through,
the branches secret holdings.
Scattering down,
luminescent bright stalks of warmth,
bringing energy to the world,
filling forest floors with eerie peace.
Serenity and silences,
birds a flutter,
the aura of harmony.
Laying down,
on needles and pines,
I rest, internally.

{Poem by Jonathan C. Holeman}

No comments: