Thursday, April 29, 2010

Derrick Steilman


Criminal Family

Men of honor come together to form an alliance
Oaths are made; enemies met with defiance
Your brothers become my brothers,
Side by side in business and in war
Cruelty, brutality and gore:
Critical elements in order to rise,
For an organization lacking wealth and numbers eventually dies

Loyalty among wolves as long as sheep exist
Where no meat is offered, men will resist
Great leaders raid and plunder,
Leaving communities torn asunder

In a world of treachery and betrayal
Hearts are shielded in iron mail
Not a matter of if by when--
Disappointment is assured
Facing death conduct twists to absurd

Knowing that the end will surely by met
Some willingly pay that debt
And stand up for what they believe
Selfless service gives noble purpose
To those with courage and valor in surplus


Prison

Cold gray stone, every portal barred
Among the crazy and immoral
Emotionally and mentally scarred
Paranoia, hate and violence
Men bound by an oath of silence

A warehouse for human beings
Guarded by society's depraved
Whose souls remain unseeing
Lock them up and throw away the key
The memories of them soon I will hardly see

{Poetry by Derrick Steilman}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Derrick brother u were my childhood best friend.I think of u more often than you will ever realize or even care. I think as far back as our first fist fight over a pretty gurl at the Greeley school. Memories so old but dear to me I'll never lose them. Things like when your mom took Ami u and me to see 101 Dalmatians or sitting in your living room on elm Street playing penny poker with your mom. The countless hours of u teaching me how to play cribbage and DnD. Shooting birds with are bb guns. The fishing trip your grandfather took us on or fishing with your dad. Derrick you were and are my childhood best friend. I know you made a huge mistake in your life and I know you blame me a great deal for alot of things. I just wish I knew what happened. Just know big guy I love as a brother and will never forget u. Derrick and I only remember you as my buddy,friend and brother.
Sincerly you bro
Travis T Surman