Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One Poem by Robert Watson


A Picture of a Man

It’s a cold night
I’m walking along
All is dark and quiet
In the distance I see some light

It’s a small dinner on the corner
I draw nearer to it
I witness a bar keep attending to a couple
And a man in the corner keeping to his own

Where I stand I hear nothing
Nothing at all
But I can almost hear the banter
The banter within

I just stand there cold
With the wind touching
The back of my neck
And I stand there numbed

I think back to the events of today
Today was one of my days off
From the dead end career I posses
The day was brief and empty

And my nights off are just the same
Tonight I walk the town looking for a moment

And this moment I love

It captures a piece of me
It shows a man in love
Enjoying the moments he shares
A picture that was once my past
Then I see the man
At the edge of the bar
Alone and to him self
Lost in his mind

Now I am afraid.
Who will walk into the dinner next?

Who am I going to be?
Where am I going?

{Poem by Robert Watson}

No comments: