Friday, January 23, 2009

One Poem by Grace Schmoyer


You wonder why you loved
Was it worth taking that risk?
People say it’s better to love
Than to have missed

It’s just really hard
Watching part of your heart walk away
You smile with a stiff upper lip
Saying “I’ll see it again some day”

But was all that pain worth it?
Would you do it all again?
Or would you do blow it away, saying
“This is now and that was then”

That empty hole inside
Your heart is groaning to you
You know you have to fill it
What do you do?

While everyone else’s heart
Seems to be untouched,
Why does yours fall apart?
Why does it hurt so much?

That’s when you realize
That’s when you say
“Lord I can’t do it on my own,
Take this pain away”

Because to love is better than to not
And to experience is worth it all
But we so like that “high”
It makes it harder to face the fall

God heal this broken heart
Mend this empty mind
Comfort this lonely girl
Take away the junk that’s left behind

Because I will see them again
And there will be a next time
But it seems like forever
Till I see the truth in that line

This valley is so deep,
I can barley see the sun,
I cry out for mercy lord,
and you lift me up again

{Poem by Grace Schmoyer, age 14}

No comments: