Thursday, November 18, 2010

Amye Nicole Bird


Love's Long Hours

If the love of my life has all been for naught
And all of myself I've just given in vein,
If I've truely not been my lovers one love,
Then all I've done is tossed about
In an endless, desperate fight,
Through an ever darkened, blinded plight.

For we've blown through weathered, blackend skies,
Fought the rivers rapid, turbulent cries,
We've seen the days of anguished, frightened eyes,
And still we melt in the embers of fires empassioned might.
Years of empty, years of plenty,
Years of giving all and all the more.

If loves long hours have all been for naught
And all of this heart I've just given in vein,
If I've not truely felt my lovers true love,
Then this very life has been lived out in doubt,
Unknowing, unlearning and having no clue
Of what true love is all about.

{Poem by Amye Nicole Bird}

No comments: