Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kathryn Warrender


Dance in the Rain

Let’s dance in the rain,
And feel the cool tears
Of the Earth
Cleanse our bodies,
Softly, roughly, sweetly.
Listen to the melodic pattern,
As we hold each other close.
Listen, just listen.
Nature whispers
When her mother cries.
So faintly, so gently,
My skin prickles
As your heat
Penetrates me heart.
Your breath, like fire,
Burning with the desire of your lips.
So close,
I lean in to kiss you,
To unite as one
Beneath the darkened sky.


Sorrow and Guilt

To rekindle the life back within us,
Can I do it?
With the damage done,
What can I do to repent?
Though I do not believe in God,
I feel like I committed a deadly sin.
I want to heal the fatal wounds,
Mend them with hope and love.
Is there some way
For us to forget the past?
I want to be happy again,
Those blissful moments
Are lost to the wind,
Like the leaves in autumn.
Oh, sweet gentle boy,
Can we ever recover
From the memories of battle?
The devastation of war is brutal,
And I cannot help
But feel shame.
I want to move on,
Hold your hand in mine
And live freely,
But why does my heart
Continue to bleed sorrow and guilt?

{Poetry by Kathryn Warrender}

No comments: