Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two Poems by Caroline A. Kyzek


Snow

A gleaming white carpet
Spread across the forest floor
Amidst the barren trees.
This is snow:
A coldness that dazzles


Dance of the Green Eyes

You touch with your hands
Taste with your tongue
And stare with your eyes
You're green eyes into mine

I feel your gaze across the room
Looking at me
And a cherub's song comes to mind

Twinkle twinkle green eyes
How I wonder what you surmise
Up above a world with me
Like an emerald in the sea

Emeralds in a cave,
In the company of diamonds, rubies, sapphires
Shining together like a glimmering dance
Dance with me!

The tongue tango
The mouth mambo
The finger foxtrot

Intense touch followed
By ocular sensuality
Mesmerize me-
Dance with your eyes

The seeing samba
The looking lambada
The watching waltz

Glance over
And look at me
Stare me down
With those eyes
Those green eyes into mine

{Poetry by Caroline A. Kyzek}

No comments: